Keep an eye out for grandma around town!
Keep an eye out for grandma around town!
We are stoked to have Cody Zeigler from Is It Over Yet? doing this year’s T-shirt and poster design. We’re gonna hold off on showing you the designs we picked for just a bit, but for now, here are some of his ideas that we also really loved:
Dnl from Is It Over Yet? drew up a lil’ flyer for grandma this year. Keep your eyes posted for more art from the Is It Over Yet? crew posted around town and get EXCITED because this year, we will definitely have Grandma Party shirts for sale. !!
Granny finally found the time to update the site, so now you can get a peek at this year’s crop of vendors, which includes lots of NEW! like new vintage!, new jewelry! new interactive booths! We’re pretty excited about allll of it!
We also have most of the bands added for this year, so we went ahead and updated that too. We’ll post again when we firm up the whole lineup!
(pssst … if you are an approved vendor and you would like to submit a new link or photo OR if we somehow left you off the site, just email email@example.com and we will get your info added straightaway!)
Here is how to apply:
Heya kiddos! What, you think we forgot about you? Don’t be silly. You know Grandma can’t go a whole year without seeing her little sweethearts. (Pssst … that’s you!) It’s just, you know, Granny’s getting a little old and well, some things just take a bit longer then they used to.
But no worries my dears, we’re here now. And you know what THAT means! It means it’s time for another GRANDMA PARTY BAZAAR!!!!!! (yes! high-fives!) The eleventh episode of the GRANDMA PARTY BAZAAR will happen at the same place (Stardust Video and Coffee), same time (about 10am until we all simmer down and want to go home) on SUNDAY, DECEMBER 15TH 2013!!
But, you know it’s not really a party without you, don’t you?
- You will need to submit your application via email to GMABAZAAR@GMAIL.COM (**this is only for applications, we also have the email address firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions and the receipt of testaments to Granny’s awesomeness. Do not send your application to email@example.com.)
- There is a THREE WEEK window for submitting your application starting now (yeah, like right now!) and closing on at midnight (EST) on September 27th.
- You will be notified of your acceptance by October 12th. Once you are accepted, you will be prompted to pay for your booth. Payment is expected within ONE WEEK of acceptance. Cost is sliding scale $25-50. The main objective is for the bazaar to remain inclusive and affordable, but we are a small operation with big needs (and big plans! keep your hearing aid in and your specs on!) ANYTHING you can give over the base amount will be appreciated and put to good use! Payment will be accepted at Stardust Video & Coffee. If you have no way to get there, email us and we will send you our PayPal information.
- If you are not accepted initially, we will put you on our waiting list in case anyone we select accidentally left their wallet in their other pants and can’t pay us on time.
So, you in? Yeah? Radical. Check it out:
Application instructions and guidelines
All vendors (for the most part, see below) MUST be selling handcrafted items.
This can be anything you want as long as you MAKE it. Or if your friends make it, that’s ok too.
*Your old stuff (old clothes, books, movies, etc…) is NOT allowed UNLESS it has been artistically altered. If you have old stuff that you are looking to get rid of donate it or have a yard sale.
*Interactive booths are highly encouraged!!!!! At past bazaars this has included the photo booth, songs while you wait, youtube video upload booth, tarot, henna, massage …. And in the future could include awesome things like a kissing booth, art projects for kids, face painting, collaborative art, and who knows what else. DO YOU KNOW??
*I want to make it very clear: Non-handmade items are not welcome at the bazaar. Not in any capacity at any booth. The only exception is vintage clothing, and even that will only be accepted in limited quantities.
Your application must be representative of what you intend to sell at your booth.
Your application MUST include:
- your business name (or names if you are sharing a booth)
- your name (and the names of anyone else at your booth)
- a primary contact phone number - a primary contact email address
- any links to your businesses web presence (website, etsy, etc…)
- a brief written description
- 3-5 images of what you will be selling/doing at your booth
- answer to the question: why do you want to be a part of Grandma Party Bazaar? - any additional cool secrets you want to tell us
That’s the main shebang. Stay tuned for more details and what-nots to come, but for now, go get started on your applications! Oh yeah, and like us on facebook and follow us on twitter!
Banana Hammock Republic and The Pottery Syndicate are super excited to be a part of the Party again this year! We’re bringing bucket loads of hand made jewelry, pillow monsters (or monsters disguised as pillows), fairy Xmas tree toppers, Punk Ornaments, and even Ewok throw rugs.
So get there early before the mimosas kick in!
Can’t wait to see your happy faces!
At Stardust, they’re counting down to Grandma Party, just like we are! See you sooooon!
Have a large number of new things created by Bee and looking forward to showing all my handcrafted things plus all the other vendors and their work really enjoy every minute.
HEY ERRYBODY! We detonated a thousand skeins of yarn in the Stardust little room to use as the backdrop for this year’s photo booth. It turned out really rad, but unfortunately, it was deemed as a safety hazard (Grandma can’t be having that), so we had to tear it all down. Which would’ve been fun if we weren’t so bummed that nobody got to see it.
Click the photo above to see the photo album of The Yarning in its original incarnation. (Thanks to Daniel Dorsa for the photos!)
We scaled it back and so the Yarning Photo Booth will still be happening at Grandma Party! YAYAYAYAYAYARN! SEE YOU ON DECEMBER 16TH!
My website still needs some work, but there are some pictures of my items on it. :)